Welcome to the University of Kansas Institute of Bioengineering Research (IBER)!
The mission of the IBER is to:
- Develop solutions to improve the lives of people
- Create materials, devices, and technologies that will reduce human suffering
- Design platforms for biological engineering of materials & systems
- Educate leaders in bioengineering
- Enable people with vision to be successful
To achieve these goals, IBER works collaboratively to discover solutions to complex problems impacting the fields of bioengineering, medicine, dentistry, and biology. IBER provides the mechanisms to facilitate and promote the introduction of new technologies into the clinic. It builds partnerships between education, industry and the community. It is the door to the fastest growing field in engineering and to the discipline that attracts the best and brightest engineers.