Anil Misra, Ph.D., P.E.
Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering Department
University of Kansas
Institute for Bioengineering Research
Dr. Misra is an expert in computational and experimental micromechanics, multi-scale modeling, and multi-modal material characterization using high resolution techniques. His broad research interest span topics covering both basic and applied aspects of the following areas:
- Metamaterials: Theory, design and 3D printing
- Geomechanics/Geomaterials, Biomechanics/Biomaterials, Micromechanics
- Micromechanics of granular and cementitious materials (Granular Micromechanics); Higher-order continuum theories; Particle methods -Discrete element and Meshfreemethods; Abinitio atomistic modeling
- Stress-deformation and wave propagation behavior of rough interfaces, such as rock joints and imperfect interfaces.
- Nano-micro-macro mechanics of dental and craniofacial tissues and materials used in restorative dentistry.
- Geotechnical engineering
- Thermal and diffusion properties of polymers and granular materials.
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE)
- Eugenio Beltrami Senior Scientist Prize, International Research Center for Mathematics & Mechanics of Complex Systems (M&MoCS), Italy
- Bellows Scholars Award, School of Engineering, University of Kansas (2017).
- Miller Scholars Award, School of Engineering, University of Kansas (2014).
- Leading Light Award, University of Kansas (2013).
- > 250 papers in journals, edited books and conference proceedings with > 6000 citations and H-Index: 47