Welcome to the University of Kansas Bioengineering Research Center (BERC)!
The mission of the BERC is to:
- Develop solutions to improve the lives of people
- Create materials, devices and technologies that will reduce human suffering
- Design platforms for biological engineering of materials & systems
- Educate leaders in bioengineering
- Enable people with vision to be successful
To achieve these goals, the BERC works collaboratively to discover solutions to complex problems impacting the fields of bioengineering, medicine, and biology. The BERC provides the mechanisms to facilitate and promote the introduction of new technologies in clinics. It is the door to the fastest growing field in engineering and to the discipline that attracts the best and brightest engineers.
The National Institute for Health (NIH) recently featured the BERC research team and their work in the article: "Improving Materials for Tooth-colored Fillings: University of Kansas Researchers Synthesize a Novel Material."