- Nikki Galvis, Ph.D. BioE student, received a NSF Graduate Fellowship for her work on the effects of scoliosis on trunk motion in 2011.
- Emily Beck, Ph.D. BioE student, also received a NSF Graduate Fellowship in 2011. Ms. Beck’s work explored the use of colloidal gels to create scaffolds for the regeneration of bone and cartilage.
- Nathan Dormer, 2011 Ph.D. BioE graduate, won the Argersinger Prize for Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation, University of Kansas.
- Jim West III, 2011 M.S. BioE graduate, co-founded Somametric and West Device Innovations.
- Karthik Ramachandran, Ph.D. BioE student, received an IAMI fellowship for 2010-11.
- A.J. Mellott, Ph.D. BioE student, was awarded a NSF East Asia and Pacific Island Summer Institutes Fellowship to spend summer 2011 in Japan.