1. Berkland, C., K. Kim, and D.W. Pack. 2004. “Controlling Double-walled Microcapsule Shell Thickness Fffers Modulated Piroxicam Release.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, 70A(4): 576-584.
2. Berkland, C., K. Kim, and D.W. Pack. 2004. “Controlling Surface Nano-structure using Flow-limited Field-injection Electrostatic Spraying (FFESS) of Poly-(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide),” Biomaterials, 25(25): 5649-58.
3. Berkland, C., K. Kim, and D.W. Pack. 2004. “Uniform Double-walled Polymer Microspheres of Controllable Shell Thickness.” Journal of Controlled Release, 96(1): 101-11.
4. Berkland, C., M.J. Kippe, B. Narasimhan, K. Kim, and D.W. Pack. 2004. "Microsphere Size, Precipitation Kinetics, and Drug Distribution Control Drug Release from Biodegradable Polyanhydride Microspheres." Journal of Controlled Release, 94(1): 129-41.
5. Misra, A., P. Spencer, O. Marangos, Y. Wang, and J.L. Katz. 2004. "Micromechanical Analysis of Dentin/adhesive Interface by the Finite Element Method." Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B-Applied Biomaterials, 70B(1): 56-65.
6. Purk, J.H., V. Dusevich, A. Glaros, P. Spencer, and J.D. Eick. 2004. "In Vivo versus In Vitro Microtensile Bond Strength of Axial versus Gingival Cavity Preparation Walls in Class II Resin-based Composite Restorations." Journal of the American Dental Association, 135(2): 185-93.
7. Spencer, P., Y. Wang, and J.L. Katz. 2004. "Identification of Collagen Encapsulation at the Dentin/adhesive Interface." Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, 6(2): 91-5.
8. Wang, Y. and P. Spencer. 2004. "Effect of Acid Etching Time and Technique on Interfacial Characteristics of the Adhesive-dentin Bond using Differential Staining." European Journal of Oral Sciences, 112(3): 293-9.
9. Wang, Y. and P. Spencer. 2004. "Exploring the Nature of Acid-resistant Hybrid Layer with Wet Bonding." Operative Dentistry, 29(6): 650-5.
10. Wang, Y. and P. Spencer. 2004. "Overestimating Hybrid Layer Quality in Polished Adhesive/dentin Interfaces." Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 68A(4): 735-46.
11. Wang, Y. and P. Spencer. 2004. "Physicochemical Interactions at the Interfaces between Self-etch Adhesive Systems and Dentine." Journal of Dentistry, 32(7): 567-79.
12. Yang, X., R.A. Roy, and R.G. Holt. 2004. “Bubble Dynamics and Size Distributions during Focused Ultrasound Insonation.” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 116(6): 3423-31.
1. Dean, D., R. Mullen, J.L. Katz, A. Totonchi, Y. Ahmad, J. Min, M. Wolfe, and M.G. Hans. 2004. “Non-destructive Methods for Determining the Biomechanical Properties of the Cranium.” In Vol. 41, Craniofacial Growth Series, edited by J.A. McNamara. 181-196. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan.
2. Hallab, N.J., J.J. Jacobs, and J.L. Katz. 2004. “Applications of Materials in Medicine and Dentistry: Orthopaedic Applications.” In Biomaterials Science: an Introduction to Materials in Medicine, edited by B.D. Ratner, A.S. Hoffman, F.J. Schoen, J.E. Lemons. 526-55. Boston, MA: Elsevier Academic Press.
3. Katz, J.L., C.G. Ambrose, C. McMillin, and P. Spencer. 2004. “Orthopedic Biomaterials.” In Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, edited by G.E. Wnek and G.L. Bowlin. 1160-1171. New York: Marcel Dekker.
4. Sarikaya, M., and C. Tamerler. 2004. "Materials Assembly using Engineered Polpeptides." In Foundations of Nanoscience: Self-assembled Architectures and Devices, edited by John Reif. Washington, DC: Science Technica Inc.
1. Katz, J.L., Y. Wang, P. Spencer, and A. Misra. 2004. “Physicochemical Interactions at Interfaces between Self-Etch Adhesives and Dentin.” In Abstract #31, Journal of Dental Research 83, Special Issue A.
2. Misra, A., O. Marangos, P. Spencer, J.L. Katz, and Y. Wang. 2004. “Anisotropy and Adhesive Penetration Effects on D/A Interfacial Micromechanices.” In Abstract #30, Journal of Dental Research 83, Special Issue A.
3. Misra, A., P. Spencer, P. Lakku, Y. Wang, and J.L. Katz. 2004. “Micromechanical Model for Cohesive Materials.” At Proceedings of International Congress on Computational Mechanics & Simulation (ICCMS-04), Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, December, 467-74.